spring sewing inspiration
spring

inspiration for spring

spring inspiration for girls

KCW is coming up soon! Have you starting making lists? Are you dreaming about what to sew? For girls this spring I’m inspired by these beautiful, breezy clothes:

1. The link for this blouse leads nowhere, unfortunately. I would love to know who makes it, because the style is spot on: simple silhouette with one perfect detail that sets it apart from the rest.

2. This outfit is made by a very talented French sewist, who blogs at Avril Mai Juin Etc.  I love the flowy floral top paired with the long tomboy shorts. I don’t think my daughter would care for the strapless bit, but straps are an easy addition. Do check her blog out! It is filled with springtime inspiration.

3. These [faux] fisherman pants are perfect for spring and summer. Have you heard of Thai Fisherman Pants? They’re not as popular in the states as they are down under. They are simple, bag-like pants that are held up by a tie around the waist. Neve/Hawk–absolutely gorgeous children’s clothes makers–designed a fisherman pant for kids that doesn’t tie, but uses elastic instead. I think these might become a wardrobe staple.

4. Men’s shirts turned into dresses for girls has been done many times before, but these beauties are done just right. Kallio is a shop on etsy that sells all kinds of upcycled pieces for girls and boys.

spring inspiration for boys

After I picked these photos to use, I realized that bold peacock color was popping up a lot. Teal, aquamarine, cyan, peacock, whatever you call it, I think it is an amazing color for boys this spring.

1. Those fisherman pants again! Springtime calls for versatile clothes–bundled up in the mornings and half naked in the afternoon! These pants are perfect for whatever the day brings.

2. Button ups can be challenging to make, but so rewarding when you get it right. This peacock number with white topstitching is the right combination of vintage and modern.

3. These simple checked shorts are perfect for a springtime party. In another color they would be great for everyday play. I like that they are actually short. Sometimes boy’s shorts (and especially swim trunks) are so long and baggy they look like culottes! Looks like these bad boys are sold out–you’ll have to make your own.

4. I’m sure you recognize the last model! Dana is always coming up with great clothes for her boy. This muscle shirt is no exception. She has generously written a tutorial too, so you can to make one for your boy.

What has inspired you to sew this season? Leave a link in the comments to share.  And check out more great inspiration on the KCW’s pinterest boards!

• Reply Dorie April 10, 2013 at 1:08 pm

this post is pretty!

• Reply Rae April 10, 2013 at 1:58 pm

gorgeous pics!! I always love your inspiration roundups. 🙂

• Reply Kelly April 10, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Wow, very pretty…my list is officially out of control, but I am hopeful to get most of it done!

• Reply Karly Nelson April 10, 2013 at 10:15 pm

I love that first shirt! I know Burda has a pattern really really close to it. And too funny with the thai pants! Those are on my list, pattern cut out and all! 😀

• Reply Heidi April 10, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Great inspiration here! I recognized that first blouse immediately because I pinned it earlier today…so gorgeous! It’s by a Belgian brand called gold. Here’s a link: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:7Vj72YpCzlUJ:brebi.it/english/new-in-2/gold/gold-abitino-pesci-gialli.html+&cd=11&hl=de&ct=clnk&gl=de

• Reply Meg April 11, 2013 at 8:51 am

thank you, heidi!

• Reply Heidi April 15, 2013 at 8:18 pm

You’re welcome! 🙂

• Reply Paula April 11, 2013 at 7:59 am

Beautiful fisherman pants! Love them in both versions…

• Reply Karina / Kallio April 18, 2013 at 7:53 am

Thanks for showcasing Kallio on you lovely blog. We really appreciate it. We’d love to collaborate with you.. Let’s talk. 🙂

• Reply farrah April 18, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Finally narrowed down my selections for kids clothes week. check them out here http://www.mingoandgrace.com/2013/04/spring-sewing-inspiration.html

• Reply increase server performance April 19, 2013 at 6:23 am

hello there and thanks for your information ? I have definitely picked up something new from proper here. I did on the other hand experience some technical issues using this site, since I experienced to reload the site many times prior to I may just get it to load correctly. I were brooding about if your web hosting is OK? Now not that I am complaining, but slow loading circumstances instances will often have an effect on your placement in google and can harm your quality ranking if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I’m including this RSS to my email and could look out for much extra of your respective intriguing content. Make sure you update this again very soon..