kcw aftermath
spring

kcw spring 2013: wrap up

This picture by Abby pretty much sums it up: after so much sewing, comes so much laundry.

kcw spring 2013: wrap up

1. geranium top 2. vallu 3. maggie mae dress 4. perennial dress 5. rebel dress 6. polka dot ayashe 7. popsicle stripe coat 8. lion summer shirt 9. super fly tee

Another Kid’s Clothes Week has come and gone and left me stunned by your efforts!  The week started out slow and, as always, I had a little freak out that no one will show up to the party. But you showed up, all 602 of you!  It was a crazy party: music blaring, sewing machines roaring, babies crying, and beautiful clothes being made!

kcw spring 2013: wrap up

1. striped cap sleeve shirt 2. perfect polo 3. lazy days skirt and skinny tee  4. parsley shorts and paper airplane tee 5. skinny tee and ottobre pants 6. sailboat shirt and linen shorts 7. legoman shirt 8. circus skirt  9. hooded long sleeve shirt

Even if nothing got finished, or the pants are two sizes too big, or you crashed and burned half way through, I hope you are inspired to keep sewing for your children. The challenge is to sit down in front of your sewing machine and sew a little, then maybe a little more. This momentum feeds your creativity: the more you sew, the more ideas come to you, the more you want to sew! I hope the creative momentum stays with you next week and beyond!

kcw spring 2013: wrap up

1. fancy pants swimsuit 2. paint splatter top 3. upcycled shirt 4. striped briar top 5. roller skate dress  6. ukaklele dog dress 7. geranium dress and purl bee bandana 8. picnic shorts 9. pirate shirt

The next kcw is this summer! No more waiting 6 months for the next party. Things might be a bit different next time, as we build kcw’s new home–and maybe move in! I hope you’ll stick with us. We obviously couldn’t do it without you.

Happy Sewing!

• Reply celina May 1, 2013 at 10:02 am

Thank you for the motivation and everyone for all the incredible inspiration!!! I can’t wait for the summer already!

• Reply ashley May 1, 2013 at 10:31 am

if you build it, we will come. thank you *everyone* for making this week so fantastic. see you this summer!

• Reply Karin May 1, 2013 at 10:32 am

Another incredible KCW! Just finished my boys’ seersucker suits. Best parts are the discovery of great (easy) patterns, inspiration from others, and motivation to sew. Oh, and the basement flooding forced me to sew in the kitchen which was fantastic!

• Reply Stacey May 1, 2013 at 11:52 am

Such a fabulous week worth of sewing. Thank you so much for hosting. I’m continually inspired by everyone who participates and can’t wait for the next season!

• Reply Cherie May 1, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Thank you so much! I am happy because I was able to participate this time – first time.

• Reply Marieke May 1, 2013 at 2:40 pm

Thank you so much for hosting this KCW, it was a joy to participate again! see you in the summer 😉

• Reply Noemy May 1, 2013 at 6:30 pm

It was fantastic!!!! I enjoy sewing with everybody, thank you for being an inspiration!!!!

• Reply abby @ thingsforboys May 1, 2013 at 6:44 pm

getting through the last load of washing today. Thanks for hosting KCW again, Meg! It’s always such a great week. Looking forward to the next one, though it will be Winter here.

• Reply lynn May 1, 2013 at 9:24 pm

thanks for hosting and creating all this incredible inspiration!

• Reply carolyn May 1, 2013 at 10:47 pm

602!! That’s amazing! Well done to everyone (and especially you for starting it all!)

• Reply Fiona May 1, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Thankyou so much Meg and Dorie! KCW just keeps getting bigger and better. My sewing mojo has blossomed again so much so that I am making another kids tee right now 🙂

• Reply Venus May 2, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Amazing as always! Thank you so much Meg and Dorie for putting this together. So much talent and inspiration and every challenge it just gets better and better. Thanks again and I’ll you summertime!

• Reply Tara May 2, 2013 at 4:42 pm

I thought I was sick of sewing but then the momentum of KCW, and the ideas floating in my head took hold and I made something else today. haha.

• Reply treen May 2, 2013 at 10:30 pm

I missed KCW last fall (when I first discovered it) because it was the week we were on vacation. This time, I missed it because we’re in the middle of moving halfway across the country. But come hell or high water, I will do the next round! It will be 600 and THREE.

• Reply Haley May 4, 2013 at 5:35 am

been looking for some new clothes to style my little munchkins! thanks

• Reply Victoria May 5, 2013 at 3:45 am

Thanks for hosting, this was my first KCW and I loved it! I made 4 garments in the week and have made another dress since, with a further pair of shorts in the pipeline! See you in the summer!

• Reply Carla May 5, 2013 at 9:50 pm

Such an amazing week, I’m still recovering! Thank you so much for hosting as always I am beyond inspired!

• Reply Suz May 6, 2013 at 6:23 am

Thank you Meg for organising KCW. It was great and I loved seeing what everyone else made. Thanks for including my dress in your wrap up:)

• Reply Jacqueline May 9, 2013 at 9:47 pm

I am amazed at the beautiful creations you ladies came up with. Some of these fabrics I would have never taken a second look at but made into these incredible kids clothes…I wish my kiddo’s owned some of these pieces. Great job everyone.

• Reply Natasha May 14, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Any idea when the next round will be? Late July??

• Reply Tom Stokes June 5, 2013 at 5:37 am

This looks really interesting, I can’t wait to get involved and sew my kids some new clothes! Is the next stage in July ? I also would like to know.

• Reply Rebecca Holmes July 2, 2013 at 3:20 am

Bwahahaha, babies crying :)…for me it is more like kids SCREAMING! My sewing machine was roaring though; that’s for sure! I had lots of fun participating for my first time. So much inspiration! Thank you for this amazing series!