how to add a project to kcw site
kcw faq

how to add a project

In past KCWs, everybody went to flickr to see pictures of your sewing projects. Now, with the new site, you can share not only pictures of your projects, but notes about the pattern you used, stories of how the sewing went, and any changes you made. You can also rate the pattern or tutorial you used and tell people whether or not it’s worth making!

To help you add your first project on the site, I recorded another screencast. Check it out and you’ll be ready to add your first summer kcw project when next week rolls around!

• Reply Elizabeth July 10, 2013 at 10:00 am

I love that we’ll be able to add our pictures and notes in this way! It sounds like Ravelry, which is so much fun. But I couldn’t get the video to play. It says “this video is private” when I click on it. Maybe I have some setting incorrect?

• Reply Meg July 10, 2013 at 10:04 am

oops! I changed the settings, should work now. Sorry!

• Reply MammaNene July 10, 2013 at 11:34 am

Lovely, thank you Meg!
    Shared 😉

• Reply Tasha July 10, 2013 at 11:49 am

If we use the same pattern for multiple garments during a single challenge, should we add all photos of garments made with that pattern to a single entry? OR separate entries? Obviously separate entries if we changed the pattern in different ways for each garment… right?? Please tell me you understood that. Ha!

• Reply meg July 10, 2013 at 12:02 pm

make 1 project, add 1 project:
      If you make 5 shirts from 1 shirt pattern, you would have 5 different project pages. Every project gets it’s own page.

Thanks for asking, Tasha! I’m sure other people had the same question.

• Reply Nienke July 10, 2013 at 12:52 pm

This must become quite an inspirational database! Can one comment on the projects of the other participants?

• Reply meg July 10, 2013 at 3:07 pm

not yet, but it’s in the works!

• Reply Michelle July 10, 2013 at 2:43 pm

This is awesome for those of us who either don’t have a blog or aren’t very good bloggers. Now if you guys could figure out a way to get my 3yr old son to pose for pics… That would be amazing lol

• Reply meg July 10, 2013 at 3:07 pm

I pay in pennies!

• Reply Karin July 10, 2013 at 6:33 pm

This is going to be such an awesome resource. Can’t wait to compare patterns — season, fabric, gender!!!

• Reply Adithi's Amma Sews July 11, 2013 at 12:41 am

I use self drafted patterns and own tutorials, what I do then, for the patterns section ?

• Reply Dorie July 14, 2013 at 3:18 pm

We have added a self-drafted check box. You can now choose self-drafted or a pattern!

• Reply kristin July 12, 2013 at 5:55 pm

This is great! Think it might be a nice way to “blog” during the week too, much faster. If I direct people from my blog to my project page, will they be able to see it all even if they don’t have a KCW login?

• Reply Meg July 16, 2013 at 12:09 pm

not now, but it may happen in the future 🙂

• Reply Stephanie July 16, 2013 at 10:18 am

So if we used a commercial or vintage pattern should we request that it be added or are you trying to limit projects to tutorials and independent designers? Thanks!

• Reply Meg July 16, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Stephanie, yes! whatever pattern you use, request it if it’s not in the data base. Thanks!

• Reply naruto game tumblr April 28, 2014 at 9:07 pm

I’ve been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles
    or blog posts on this sort of house . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled
    upon this site. Reading this information So i am glad to express
    that I have a very excellent uncanny feeling I came upon exactly
    what I needed. I so much undoubtedly will make certain to don?t put out of your mind this site and give it a look regularly.