kcw october 2013: wrap up!
fall

kcw: wrap up

kcw october 2013: wrap up

1. aquaman! by Jess by 2. richard scarry knight by Jacqueline 3. baby blue flashback by Kate 4. bimaa for the boy by Monica 5. mustard stripes dress by Sanae 6. komori by Dolores 7. striped skinny tee by Fiona 8. goat bimaa by Brienne 9. banjo shirt by Melissa

Another KCW has come and gone. I love that for a week the internet explodes with KCW goodness–amazing garments everywhere you look! And then, after cleaning up the explosion in our studios, we all settle down again, slowly plodding away at this or that project. The creative energy you guys create each season is amazing! Not to mention the beautiful clothes you create.

kcw october 2013: wrap up

1. my little mouse by Shannon 2. pink riding hood cape by Ana Sophia 3.4. what does the fox say by Michael Ann 5. basic blazer by Ashley 6. flannel parsley pants by Jane 7. dots and stripes by Mareike 8. unicorn peplum by Krista 9. little hoodie skater dress by Fiona

This season blew me away! Suits and goats, knights and coats! It was all too much. There was so much, actually, I’m happy to have some down time to go back over the project pool and see what I missed. I’m going to visit your blogs, favorite your photos, comment on your work, give you a well deserved pat on the back. Maybe you can do the same for your fellow KCWers.

What were your favorites this season? Any new sewers you discovered? New patterns you want to make? I hope KCW went well for you. Maybe the creative energy will carry you into next week or even next season (winter!). Happy KCW!

• Reply Petra October 30, 2013 at 8:54 am

it was great, as always. I missed the old feature from flickr for leaving comments. I left comments to some people now, but they never wrote back and my guess is they never realized they had a message…happened to me too. But I did so much and I have so much to thank to KCW as such. Loving it, always!:)

• Reply Shannon October 30, 2013 at 9:28 am

Fantastic motivation as always from KCW. Thank you for the creative push!

• Reply inesmelo October 30, 2013 at 9:51 am

It was great!! I’ve been wanting to take part of KCW for quite some time, but always missed it. Didn’t quite finished all the things I’ve prepared but you do what you can with a 4 months baby in the house!! :)) So proud of all the great clothes I’ve seen!! And very very proud of being featured on the wrap up!! Thank’s to all the team for this wonderful event!!

• Reply Jess October 30, 2013 at 10:10 am

Thanks so much for featuring my Aquaman on the wrap up! Super proud to see my little man up there! I loved KCW this season, didn’t get as much done as I would have liked, but still feel like a accomplished quite a bit!

• Reply Max October 31, 2013 at 7:02 am

I literally screamed a little when I saw him! I LOVE Aquaman!

• Reply Jess October 31, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Thanks! I’m flattered you like it, I’ve been cruising your blog for quite some time, and like the clothes you sew for your little man!

• Reply melissa q. October 30, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Ah! That my little guy up there! In his banjo shirt. Thanks for featuring me! And, double triple thanks for a great KCW. As always, it was such an awesome time. I made some standards and I stretched myself a little and in the end it all got done! Wahoo! Long Live KCW!

• Reply Karen October 31, 2013 at 8:36 am

I am so grateful that KCW exists and for all the folks out there who have shared their creative clothes! I am excited to check out more of the projects and details on the site and their blogs!

• Reply Ana Sofia November 1, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Thank you for featuring my Pink Riding Hood Cape 🙂 It’s been such a hit with my girl (she loves it). And congrats on another successfull KCW, I can’t tell you how much I manage to sew in just one-week. It’s definitely a huge motivator for me (and my kids love the extra pieces of clothes that find their way into their wardrobe)!

• Reply Jane@Buzzmills November 7, 2013 at 7:36 pm

thanks so much for featuring my plaid parsley pants!! 🙂 too bad my son still refuses to wear them, win, awesome pair of pants, loose, they never get worn!

• Reply ForYourBoy.com November 10, 2013 at 4:53 pm

I love it. Such great ideas for boys clothing. I really like the star stripped shirt.

• Reply The Kiddys World Website December 6, 2013 at 3:47 am

Hello,
    The dresses are so lovely and the kids are looking so gorgeous also. Thanks for sharing it..

• Reply Maddy C December 9, 2013 at 11:41 pm

Fabulous! Such great gear for the kids and esp love the boys 🙂