Welcome to the last day of Kid’s Clothes Week. Let’s go out with a bang!
1. trui manou by Katelijn 2. flat front floral skirt by Lucinda 3. linen pinafore by Angela 4. tadah I made a duffle coat by Nicola
I’m a little late getting this post up today because I was struck down with a fever yesterday. I rallied to look at the beautiful pictures of all the clothes you made. How could all these smiling kids in the their brand new duds not make you feel good? I say it every season, but seriously you guys are amazing!
1. paper planes by Brittney 2. rainbow fawn lily by Raphelle 3. geeky glasses by Karly 4. coral bow bandeau by Melissa
I’ve been busy (and now sick) so even though I did a bunch of sewing, I don’t have anything photographed. If you are like me and haven’t gotten your clothes up on the KCW site, now’s the time to get those suckers up there! I’ll be back later this week with a big wrap up of the season and I want to feature your clothes!
Welcome to day six of Kid’s Clothes Week! There may be summer projects to do, summer festivals to go to, summer cocktails to drink, but I know you can eek out an hour today to sew.
1. black and white and cute all over by Holli 2. adventure pants by Kate 3. galaxy trousers by Anna 4. city gym shorts by Ren
We’re in the home stretch now! You just need to sew that hem, insert that elastic, put those buttons on and you’re done! Or have you gone a little KCW crazy and you are starting another project today? It’s hard not to be inspired by all the amazing sewing going on!
1. a lucy halter dress by Leslie 2. rainbow serape coachella shorts by Lindsay 3. pretty in paris by Melissa 4. flowery top by Anna
Don’t get frustrated if you haven’t finished anything yet, or if everything seems to be going wrong. Sewing is hard! That’s why not everyone does it. It takes time to learn, to get better, and to be confident as a sewer. Every hour you are putting in this week is making you a better sewer. Even if every hour ending with you yelling at your sewing machine.
Welcome to day five of Kid’s Clothes Week. I say this every season, but don’t forget it’s Kid’s Clothes WEEK, not Kid’s Clothes take-the-weekend-off! You still need to find an hour to sew on Saturday and Sunday for KCW.
1. antarctica or bust by Erin 2. stick insects by Fabienne 3. theo by Liselot 4. hoodie by Piia
It’s those fiddle-y bits at the end that I always get stuck on. A project gets abandoned because I’m afraid of my buttonholer, or the neck binding is too intimidating, or I’m just tired of sewing hems. This is when KCW saves the day! If you stick it out for a few more hours this weekend, it’ll all get done! Just because you love sewing doesn’t mean you have to love every single bit of sewing. Sometimes you need to power through the not so fun bits to get to the “look at this amazing thing I made” feeling.
1. flying in a paper plane twisted tank by Alison 2. spotty shorts by Jenny 3. floral flutter sleeve tshirt by Ann 4. multicultural dress by Ornella
I bet all these sewers are feeling that feeling right about now. There are so many gorgeous garments in the project pool: spotty shorts, proper button-ups, and even a self-drafted hoodie! You guys blow me away!!
The winner of the Zonen 09 giveaway is Sally K. Congratulations, Sally! You have won 4 meters of fabric from the brand new Zonen 09 fabric line! Sadly, all the giveaways have come to a close. We have lots of amazing sponsors who carry all the patterns, fabric, and notions you could ever need. Please support our sponsors who support KCW!