How has your summer (or winter!) been going? We have been embracing the season’s theme of travel, travel, travel! It’s inspired us to start a little something with you…
We love seeing what you sew for your kids, and usually those pics are taken right after the outfit is made in a modeled shot, perfect for sharing on the community site. That is great and fun, but we thought it would be cool to ask to see pics of your handmade kids clothes in action! We want to see some awesome shots of your garments being worn on adventures, whether that means a walk up a mountain or a walk to school. Wrinkles, dirt, and stains included!
Want to play along? Post a cool picture on Instagram of kids clothes you’ve sewn being worn, and add the hashtag #kcwinthewild. From now unit August 15th, we will feature some of our favorites on the @kidsclothesweek Instagram account. We can’t wait to see what adventures these clothes have been up to!
Hello makers of beautiful kids clothes! Are you prepared to feel enabled? We are opening up the ability to add patterns on the KCW community site to everyone in the community! There are just too many good patterns for a small group of editors to get them all in, and we think that linking patterns up to projects is one of the most fun parts of the community site. So let’s do it.
- To add a pattern, you first need to have a pattern maker. Go to EXPLORE > PATTERN MAKER to search for your maker. If she’s not there, add her using the short form. (Logos are optional.)
- Then it’s time to add your pattern. Get there via ADD PATTERN on the nav bar. Your will need some basic information about the pattern, like sizes, name, and a general description.
- You will also want to have images. An important note about pattern images: you should only upload images you have permission to post to the site. A pattern images could be the pattern maker’s images used with permission, or they could be a versions you or someone else made of the pattern. If the pattern maker already has images on the KCW site, you can add more pattern images from that maker.
- Books: There are a lot of good patterns in books, but we don’t have the kinks 100% ironed out there. One day you can add those too, but hold off for now 🙂
We are doing our first-ever Kid’s Clothes Week participant giveaway! We’ve picked out some really fun stuff that will get you sewing, and anyone who is signed up for the next Kid’s Clothes Week challenge will be entered to win. Yes! Not sure if you’re signed up? Want a little reminder on how to do that? Read on!
But first, allow us to introduce you to the prizes. We have a bunch of awesome sponsor giveaways coming next week, and we’ve purposely picked out things that will compliment them. Such as… gorgeous fabric for sewing with.
As well as the crazy kind of vintage sewing notions you didn’t even know existed, but will find incredibly useful. Pocket template! Pattern marker! Tube turner!
Also, a copy of the beloved Happy Homemade, in English. And, because we know you get thirsty, your very own sewing cup!
We sometimes get questions from people who are unsure how to sign up and participate. We’re doing this giveaway to make sure everyone knows! Here’s how you get there:
- Decide you want to participate. If you’re not up for this one, no worries! Other good things will come in other seasons.
- Go to the KCW Community site and sign in (or register if you’re new).
- Click on your username in the upper right, then April 2014 Sign-up in the drop down menu
- Click the sign up button
- Ta-da! You are officially signed up.
You have between now and the end of KCW on April 13th to sign up. Everyone who signs up for this KCW will be entered to win this whole amazing lot of prizes! Good luck!