Welcome to day six of Kid’s Clothes Week!
1. kit kat by Elke 2. tiger pants by Klarissa 3. rakethond jesshirt je by Inkie 4. the louisa sisters by Liesbet
We’re in the home stretch now! You just need to sew that hem, insert that elastic, put those buttons on and you’re done. Or have you gone a little KCW crazy and you are starting another project today? It’s hard not to be inspired by all the amazing sewing going on! I am in love with the prints you are using this season, not to mention all the fabulous freezer stenciling the is going on.
1. plane billie by Mieke 2. spring smocks with toy pockets by Toya 3. dark (back)side of the force pants by Tracey 4. baymax tee by Lindsay
I’ll keep this short, because you have sewing to do! I know the hours are hard to find on the weekend, but they are there–you just have to take them!
Welcome to day six of Kid’s Clothes Week. Only today and tomorrow left in this sewing season! It can be hard to find an hour to sew on the weekend. It can be hard to want to sew for an hour during a lazy weekend.
1. a wolf in lamb’s clothing by Megan 2. baby grandpa cardigan by Erin 3. bucks by Brittney 4. dragon costume by Toya
Give it your best. Just sit down in front of the machine with that shirt (skirt, gold lamé jumpsuit) and do one hem (buttonhole, pocket, appliquéd starburst). And well, while you are there, you might as well do another….before you know it, the hour is up and you have a finished piece!
1. lovely monsterheros in disguise by An 2. autumn neoprene skirt by Fabienne 3. panda pocket top by Jessica 4. not-so-disguised dolman by Rebekah
You guys have been doing wonderful things with prints this season. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a fabric more fantastic than that monster print! And who would have thought that they make neoprene in prints, much less in gorgeous purple and orange prints. I have seen that panda print somewhere before–because I’m the one that designed it! I was quite chuffed to come upon it in the project pool. You guys know how to make my day.
Now stop looking at these fabulous finished garments and go finish some of your own!
Welcome to day six of Kid’s Clothes Week! There may be summer projects to do, summer festivals to go to, summer cocktails to drink, but I know you can eek out an hour today to sew.
1. black and white and cute all over by Holli 2. adventure pants by Kate 3. galaxy trousers by Anna 4. city gym shorts by Ren
We’re in the home stretch now! You just need to sew that hem, insert that elastic, put those buttons on and you’re done! Or have you gone a little KCW crazy and you are starting another project today? It’s hard not to be inspired by all the amazing sewing going on!
1. a lucy halter dress by Leslie 2. rainbow serape coachella shorts by Lindsay 3. pretty in paris by Melissa 4. flowery top by Anna
Don’t get frustrated if you haven’t finished anything yet, or if everything seems to be going wrong. Sewing is hard! That’s why not everyone does it. It takes time to learn, to get better, and to be confident as a sewer. Every hour you are putting in this week is making you a better sewer. Even if every hour ending with you yelling at your sewing machine.