Another Kid’s Clothes Week as come and gone. This season we were just a couple shy of 500 participants! 500 people sewing a bit each day and some much more than a bit! Look at all these amazing clothes that were made by committing to sewing each day for a week.
1. polka dot lol swing top by Shelly 2. ruched dressage leggings by Jenn 3. gray shorts by Mònica. handcrafted hanami dress by Kristin 5. ottobre knit dress by Rachel 6. it’s a bright summer by Jessica 7. red chambray shorts by Lucinda 8. trousers week by Isabel 9. red + white by Brittney
I know it’s impossible to keep up this frenetic pace, but for a few weeks a year it’s fun to sew like crazy. And you did: shorts and tops, dresses and pants, and hey why not sew an octopus tutu?! The theme was WILD THINGS after all. I love how you interpreted the theme this season. Some of you went in a tame direction with subtle prints or simple stencils. Others went full on wild with animal print everything or, again because it’s so awesome, an octopus tutu!
1. hummingbird by Elke 2. my prepster lion by Dagbjört 3. cat bonnet by Roxanne 4. meow by Thea 5. octopus tutu by Alexis 6. bunny tee by Nicola 7. cheetah in the wild by Karly 8. deer bimaa by Dana 9. casper’s snail shirt by Nico
If you sat back on your laurels this season, I hope you will join us next time! For all of you that signed up and sewed your heart out, we will be choosing the winner of the participant giveaway tomorrow. So stop back over to see if you’ve won. Of course all of us are winners. We’ve got cute kids that we made, cute clothes we made for them, and a giant pile of laundry that they made for us.
Welcome to day seven of Kid’s Clothes Week! The last day! Woo Hoo!
1. a charlie dress by Cherie 2. hartje by Nele 3. wild flower dress by Jessamin 4. drop crop trousers by Veronica
Did you get your hour in each day this week? I know every day is filled with work and errands and laundry and dishes and babies. The fact that you committed an hour each day to devote to your creative pursuits is amazing! And yes, even if you missed a day you are still amazing.
1. polo fun by An 2. sun hat times two by Sarah 3. it’s a jungle out there by Nellekus 4. a berry wild dress by Annelies
Sewing is difficult and time-consuming and some people even think it’s weird. But we love it! And I’m so happy to have this wonderful KCW community where people don’t think I’m weird for spending my time sewing kid clothes. Head over to the KCW project pool and tell your fellow KCWers just how not weird they are. Favorite and comment on the stunning handmade clothes they made. Let them know that there are others that understand this odd hobby we have. Because sometimes our friends in real life don’t get it, but you do!
Don’t forget to sign up for this season, if you haven’t already. There is a fantastic prize for one lucky participant. I’ll be back later this week with the winner and this season’s big wrap up! Happy KCW!
Welcome to day six of Kid’s Clothes Week! I hope your hour doesn’t get drowned out by weekend walks and parties and laundry. Come on you can put off laundry for a few more days–you know you want to.
1. 2+2 pleated skirt by Audrey 2.pony dress by Suz 3. koala love by Marieke 4. gone to the birds again by Alyna
Why wash dirty clothes, when you can make clean ones! Like these pretty spring frocks. Springtime is for dresses and little dresses are so fun to sew. I love how the Koala dress above was inspired by a beloved toy the mama had as a child!
1. hudson on demand by Kelley 2. foxy mini hudsons by Kelley 3. mini hudson by Nicolette 4. dinosaur pocket mini hudson pants by Erin
Another thing you are sewing a lot of this season–Mini Hudson Pants! With foxes and flowers and little dinosaurs peeking out of the pocket, these comfy pants are taking springtime by storm. I’ll keep this short, because you have sewing to do! I know the hours are hard to find on the weekend, but they are there. You just have to take them!