That’s a wrap! The February 2016 edition of KCW is sadly over, but what a fantastic week it was!
1. billy & cisse by Ann 2. quilted spring coat by Marika 3. pretty in peach by Trine 4. cocoon dress by Nicoletta 5. a stack of shirts by Brittney 6. wrap skirt by Elke 7. wild boy raglan tee by Melissa 8. newborn sleeping gowns by Toya 9. hello kitty top by Roxanne
From the darkest winter days came all these spring pinks and yellows too. And on the other side of the color spectrum, saturated blues and aquas. Did you know that Panatone picked pink and blue as the colors of the year? Well actually “rose quartz & serenity.” Either way, I think the hues you chose are prettier than theirs by far.
1. number one sweater by Eva 2. ants all over by Nienke 3. a stack of shirts by Brittney 4. panda madness by Joke 5. hide and seek dress by Jess 6. robot time by Lieve 7. jacob dungarees by Mieke 8. raining days by Yolanda 9. sprinkle blouse by Stacy
The colors were fantastic this season, but they really took second place to the gorgeous prints you guys used in your work. Ants! Pandas! Wiener dogs and rainbows! You showcased complicated prints and played up simple ones. That is no small task! Ask any quilter out there. The most popular print by far was this sweet vintage toy kitten print by Melkbrigade. And no wonder! It’s absolutely stunning! You can purchase it at the Dutch shop Bambiblauw.
1. vintage kitten by Zoe 2. a vintage kitten dress by Suz 3. heartbreak, trauma, and a dress by An 4. kitkat by Elke
I hope this week inspired you to sew. The challenge is to simply sit down in front of your sewing machine and sew a little, then maybe a little more. This momentum feeds your creativity: the more you sew, the more ideas come to you, the more you want to sew! I hope that creative momentum stays with you!
Another Kid’s Clothes Week has come and gone. You spent a summer week sewing some seriously fantastic clothes! It’s not easy being stuck inside on a warm summer evening. Congratulations on sticking to it! Just look what you can do when you dedicate time everyday to do what you love.
1. selene from lotta martens by Joke 2. criss cross romper by Lindsay 3. pink skys swimmer by Tasha 4. parisian ruffle top by Jenny 5. summer swans by Joke 6. oh deer by Maja 7. the french polo shirt by Maartje 8. tiger pajamas by Monica 9. half circles top by Anna
Chic striped shirts, adorable rompers, summer dresses, and shorts everywhere. You guys made all these and more. But even if nothing you started actually got finished, or the pants are two sizes too big, or life just got in the way of sewing, I hope you are inspired to sew more. The challenge is to simply sit down in front of your sewing machine and sew a little, then maybe a little more. This momentum feeds your creativity: the more you sew, the more ideas come to you, the more you want to sew! I hope that creative momentum stays with you!
1. a july desert rose by Leslie 2. rainbow tutu by Mary 3. swaziland skirt by Yolanda 4. sailboat pants by Elizabeth 5. city gym shorts by Saskia 6. sunny shorts by Jo 7. lemon drop geranium dress by Amanda 8. flowers + pineapples by Brittney 9. biting bass t-shirt by Ann
Did you have any favorites this season? Any new sewers you discovered? New patterns you want to make? I hope KCW went well for you. Our contributors will be back soon with all kinds of awesome things for you. Until then enjoy those warm summer evenings outside–not in front of your sewing machine!
Another Kid’s Clothes Week as come and gone. This season we were just a couple shy of 500 participants! 500 people sewing a bit each day and some much more than a bit! Look at all these amazing clothes that were made by committing to sewing each day for a week.
1. polka dot lol swing top by Shelly 2. ruched dressage leggings by Jenn 3. gray shorts by Mònica. handcrafted hanami dress by Kristin 5. ottobre knit dress by Rachel 6. it’s a bright summer by Jessica 7. red chambray shorts by Lucinda 8. trousers week by Isabel 9. red + white by Brittney
I know it’s impossible to keep up this frenetic pace, but for a few weeks a year it’s fun to sew like crazy. And you did: shorts and tops, dresses and pants, and hey why not sew an octopus tutu?! The theme was WILD THINGS after all. I love how you interpreted the theme this season. Some of you went in a tame direction with subtle prints or simple stencils. Others went full on wild with animal print everything or, again because it’s so awesome, an octopus tutu!
1. hummingbird by Elke 2. my prepster lion by Dagbjört 3. cat bonnet by Roxanne 4. meow by Thea 5. octopus tutu by Alexis 6. bunny tee by Nicola 7. cheetah in the wild by Karly 8. deer bimaa by Dana 9. casper’s snail shirt by Nico
If you sat back on your laurels this season, I hope you will join us next time! For all of you that signed up and sewed your heart out, we will be choosing the winner of the participant giveaway tomorrow. So stop back over to see if you’ve won. Of course all of us are winners. We’ve got cute kids that we made, cute clothes we made for them, and a giant pile of laundry that they made for us.