- Did the fabric you used work well?: Yes but was a more difficult fabric to work with. I used a sweater knit wool and have to interline it with jersey knit since it was a little itchy. I also used some really awesome brown jersey knit and ribbing from Simplfi Fabrics.
- What was the best part?: Great design for the pattern and awesome fabric.
- What was the most frustrating part?: The instructions from the get go were a little frustrating but I figured everything out. This pattern comes with a ton of options and it is a little confusing to figure out the cut lines, the pattern maker uses the same line design but different shades of color (I think I printed this in black and white) to show the different cut lines. I also couldn't find the dimensions for the pocket cuffs in the directions so had to figure that out.
- How difficult was the sewing?: required thought
- Were the instructions clear?: yes
Once I got through the confusion during the fabric cutting. The instructions were very clear and easy to understand.
- Were the fabric recommendations correct?: n/a
Yes for the main body pieces but I'm not sure with the pocket, patch, and bandings. I really liked that the main body used less than 1/2 yard of fabric, it allowed me to get the fancy stuff!
- Did you make any changes to the pattern?: yes
The pattern is made so the bottom edge of the pocket is sewn into the either the hem or waistband. Instead I raised the pocket 1 inch from the raw edge. I also cut 2 inches or so from the length of the pocket, it was a little overwhelming and I didn't want it to override the knit. I also used leather for the elbow patches, instead of using the instructions I cut one piece of leather for each sleeve and zigzagged them on.
- Did the garment fit well?: yes
It's a little big because it's meant for the fall, but still fits now.
- How would you rate this pattern?: 4