- Did the fabric you used work well?: Yes.
- What was the best part?: How colors matched together and therefore the skirt looks really summer-y and maritiem.
I also liked the selection of pattern, from experience I know the length hits just on the knee and with such rich skirt it looks really cute. The pattern was also nice choice for the main fabric as it was too delicate to have as single-layer skirt.
- What was the most frustrating part?: Gathering, but that I dislike in general for every project :)
- How difficult was the sewing?: super simple
- Were the instructions clear?: yes
I agree with one reviewer for this book from Amazon, the techniques she has in the book are not always what I would chose and do. So I use it mostly just for the patterns and do assembly and sewing way I am used to.
- Were the fabric recommendations correct?: n/a
I used cotton in place jersey they recommend throughout the book (it is book only with knit fabrics), and it worked great makes the skirt really bouncy and light.
I did make loads of times this same skirt completely in knit and it also works fine.
- Did you make any changes to the pattern?: no
- Did the garment fit well?: I don't know
The girl didn't get it yet but I have no reason to think it will not fit, I made same 2T one for one other girl which has almost the same height and build as Norah and it fits perfectly.
- How would you rate this pattern?: 4