- What was your inspiration for this project?: I found on sale last 70cm (bit over 5 euros in total was the cost! :)) of this really funny fabric with big photo-realistic deer, dots, deer drawings... I made skirts for 2 girls from one piece and wish I had more, dress would be more fun.
For skirt I paired it with stripes knit which is bit textured and I sewed it wrong side out to enhance this rough effect.
For the size I used measurements from Delia Creates for her basic flexible skirt
Waistband I made double but not so high as the instructions asked for, for the skirt I also had bit less fabric in width than required for the specific sizes I made.
- Did the fabric you used work well?: The fabric was pretty rough, like upholstery fabric but in same time thin and airy. I made full skirt with gatherings as fabric didn't look tough enough for for instance A-line skirt, and this way it gets less "stress" when worn.
- What was the best part?: It was quick and easy and still you get a cool skirt as a result.
- What was the most frustrating part?: Bit gathering :)
- How difficult was the sewing?: super simple