- SEWN BY: skirtastop
- SIZE: 3T
- FABRIC: Quilting Cotton - Denyse Schmidt for JoAnn
- SEASON: Summer 2013
- Did the fabric you used work well?: Fabric might be a bit busy to match with some of her tops, but they're fun. My daughter helped pick the fabric.
- How did the sewing go?: FAST! Less than an hour.
- How difficult was the sewing?: super simple
- Were the instructions clear?: yes
Sewing instructions are on the MADE website - flat front shorts tutorial. I'd prefer a quick "crib sheet" on the pattern itself but this worked fine.
- Were the fabric recommendations correct?: yes
- Did you make any changes to the pattern?: yes
Very minor - added a 3/4" strip of interfacing to the front so the flat front stayed strong, and used 1/2" elastic in the back because that's what I had on hand. Also added topstitching around entire top of shorts to keep elastic in there straight.
- Did the garment fit well?: yes
They fit my skinny gal PERFECTLY. Exactly like I wanted with no alterations. Really couldn't be more perfect.
- Overall Pattern: Great!
- How would you rate this pattern?: 5